Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2009

More Recent Stuff

*Two days in a row of really good mornings with Leanna! She's not really a morning person either, so that is an accomplishment for us.

*Leanna and I have been reading the The Chronicles of Narnia at night lately, and we're both quite enjoying it.

*Jacob weighs about 23 pounds now. We went to a doctor's appt. yesterday. I don't know the height or exact weight though because we had an insurance mix up and the kids are temporarily without until I get reapplied and all squared away. So we got to visit Central Elementary School for a free checkup. They did everything quickly and weren't writing it down. Interestingly, they said Jacob only needed two shots. Versus the regular clinic wanting to do a million at a time, saying he was so far behind schedule. They were polite and very nice and it was waaaay quicker than the regular clinic. The downside is that they can't do anything about Jacob's eczema. She recommended I try Claratin. And the lead Nazis got to them! I said that he needed a lead test but I didn't know it they could do it, and she said, funny you should mention that! They called prior to our visit and arranged for a paper giving Jacob a free lead test, we just had to march over to Sacred Heart to get it. (Which we did, immediately following the checkup). so hopefully the levels will have gone down again and the lead Nazis will leave me alone!



*Jacob's new food-love is bread. He will bring me a loaf of bread and wait for me to open it and give him a slice.



*Justin and Timothy have formed their own band and are doing their best today to give me and/or the neighborhood a headache! They laid out a bunch of pots and pans and grabbed wooden spoons for Timothy and maraccas for Justin as drum sticks.



* Justin found one of Tom's miniature wrenches and is currently planning to build a toybox with his father's help. His father does not know of this plan yet.

No comments: