Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Glasses

We've had so much trouble with Leanna's glasses this past year. It took extra long for them to be ready, then a day after she got them, a girl in her class tried to bend them in half. They couldn't repair the frame and so we had to order new frames again. I was really irritated about that because 1. we had just got them, they were brand new!! and 2. more visits to the eyeglasses store-it's always crowded with a very long wait. and 3. Why would anyone bend someone's glasses that way?? This girl was one of Leanna's friends. Nothing was done about that incident.
Then after her glasses were repaired the plastic pieces that sit on the nose both broke off. I think she was trying to adjust them herself. The way they broke couldn't be repaired by us, this meant back to the eyeglasses place. But Tom had just been to an eyedoctor in Easton and he said that that man could fix them for us. I wasn't anxious to go back yet again to tell them her glasses were broken again so I agreed. But Tom never did make it there and we forgot about them for a while. I also wasn't sure if we'd have to pay for the repairs this time, so I waited until the new year.
Now I just took her and got them repaired on Monday afternoon. Tuesday she wore them to school and when I picked her up, guess what? Broken again! This time only one of the plastic pieces broke off-a boy picked them up off her desk and did it. Again, we can't fix it. She said she set them on her desk to get out the cloth to clean them off. I have no idea why he did that. But he got suspended for it. And the teacher said if there's a bill to bring it in and they'd pass it along to the boy's grandparents.
The only reason I can think of for a kid to touch another kids's glasses is to try them on-I really don't understand why they would purposely break them! It really frustrating. I'm glad they at least did something about it this time, I don't know that suspension was necesary, but at least they acknowledged it this time. It's quite a time waster to walk downtown with all four kids, then wait for at least an hour to be seen, and walk back home again. And try to keep everyone quiet and well behaved in a boring waiting room. It's not even about the money-I'm irritated by the waste of it, the loss of time, and why it's even happened in the first place!

No comments: