Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Awesome hand-me-downs

My cousin Karissa's old toy (but real) sewing machine, now Leanna's. She's very excited to learn to use it, and I'm very excited for her to learn to use it too! I always wanted one and my Mom intended to get me my own when I turned 12, but it never did work out. I didn't get my sewing machine until I got married. It was a wedding present from my parents. You can be so creative with a sewing machine, I can't wait to find out what things she will make!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Steph, I still have the one you and Tom gave me for Christmas the other year. I never used it because I was never shown how to, so it's still in the box. I had it out to look at it and try to figure out how to use it, but then I put it back in the box. If you would like to have it for Leanna or you, you are more than welcomed to it.

sajmom said...

Did it come with instructions? The idea of using it is more intimidating than actually trying it!
No, I have a real sewing machine and now Leanna has this one, you should give it a shot. You just have to figure out how to thread it, that's the hardest part.