Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Firehouse Project Update











I was going to wait to put pictures up until we finished, but then yesterday Jacob grabbed the firehouse by the door and ripped it. I glued/taped it again, I don't know if it will stay though. So I thought, maybe I'll take pictures just in case things get ruined before i ever get a chance to! So these aren't complete, but here's our work-in-progress.
*The back of the firehouse was supposed to be the same color, but I liked Justin's colorful painting on the box better, so I left it.
*The top of the bell tower on the firehouse isn't supposed to have a door in the back, but Timothy requested we add one after it was already done, so I just cut a flap door. Not pretty, but functional.
*The firehouse is a little messier than I had intended, but the only masking tape we had was an old one from Tom's work van. It was dented and a little old so it didn't stick so well. So the tape bows out in some places.
*We still have to add the fire pole and paint the inside of the firehouse yet.
*The purple milk carton is Justin's, and it will eventually be a car. With a cool door that opens upwards.
*The pink and red and purple and blue egg carton is Leanna's. I'm not sure what it will be, but it belongs to the underwater castle she's making.
*The red firetruck isn't complete yet either-I still have to figure out how to attach the wheels since I don't have the supply listed in the magazine article. I also don't have the foil containers to make the ladder.
*The green and brown buildings with the green and purple roofs are doghouses for the firehouse dogs. Justin painted the green one and Timothy did the brown. We're still making the dogs for them.
*Although it doesn't look much like the ones pictured in the magazine, Timothy has really enjoyed playing with his firehouse and the accessories we have so far. His little people have been having a ball there. And the kids LOVED painting it! We may have to make a whole village!

4 comments:

Sue said...

The projects are looking really nice. The kids are doing a great job of creating their own buildings. Good imaginations they have and it works well for their own design.

What part of the foil boxes do you need for the fire trucks? If you need the foil boxes mine are all taped because they fell apart. Also do you need paper towel empty rolls?

ADP said...

Leanna needs them Sue

;) hahaha

sajmom said...

Tape on the bnxes is fine, because I have to tape over them so the colors don't show through when we paint.
Yes, I'm sure we could do all kinds of things with paper towel rolls!

Sue said...

Ok, when I get empty foil containers I'll save them for you.

I'm sending home a cup holder from DD and the plastic pretzel container for you to make something with it.