Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Managing Minutes

I found this interesting. I know I need around 9 hours of sleep/night to feel normal. People gasp or looked shocked if I tell them that. But 8 hours/night is only an average, so some people need less, some need more. It's not shocking at all but people have this attitude like needing sleep is a sin! It really should be more of a priority, for everyone!

Did you know ...
In 1850, Americans averaged 9.5 hours of sleep a night.
In 2008, Americans averaged 6.5 hours of sleep a night.
On average, Americans watch TV for 3.25 hours a day, close to the difference in sleep between 1850 and today.
Sixty-eight percent of Americans say they want more free time.
On average, Americans spend 10 hours a day affixed to technology--TV, Internet, radio, iPod, and cellphone.
The average middle-manager gets interrupted 202 times a day. (Moms probably couldn't stay on the phone long enough to complete the interruption survey!)

2 comments:

ADP said...

Don't forget--you need that extra hour of sleep because it takes a lot of energy to make milk Steph.

sajmom said...

Nah, I needed 9 hours before I had kids. Now it'd actually be more because I so frequently don't get to sleep through the night.