Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Her first group sleepover party

Leanna's at a Tropical Fun sleepover at the Reading Museum tonight with Girl Scouts. I'm wondering how she's doing and if she's bonding with the girls. As I was telling my sister tonight, Leanna says all the girls at Girl Scouts are her friends, but she doesn't have any close friends. I think this is mostly because she started late this year (they forgot to call the girls from Leanna's old troop to tell them that their troop was disbanded and that they could join this one now). And she's missed a few meetings when Tom couldn't get home in time. Plus since the troop was already established, most of the girls were already friends from last year. So I'm hoping something like this will help bring her closer, feel more like a part of the group.

Leanna was looking forward to this, aside from a personal issue that was worrying her. She's not afraid of sleeping over though. They get to do all kinds of fun stuff-a pizza party, make aquariums, hula skirts, paper flowers, a book on fish and learn a dance from Hawaii. I'm missing her a little tonight. But at the same time, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it tomorrow and seeing how excited she'll be. Sometimes it amazes me this this is the same baby I gave birth to nearing eight years ago. It really went by so quickly!

No comments: