Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

Upcoming parties

I'm getting excited about the kids' birthday party. I haven't settled a date yet-hopefully I'll sort that one out soon. This summer it'll be Mimi's party, Leanna, Justin, & Tom's party......then the next month my mother-in-law and Jacob's, then the next month my Mom & sister's, then the next month mine, then the next month Timothy's! November provides a short respite, then in December is Claire and Maree'. Oh yeah, and CHRISTMAS!
I won a Fisherprice Kid Tough camera on ebay-there's a new one. Picture quality still leaves something to be desired. But this one isn't quite as chunky as the original, and it is waterproof(I hadn't even thought of that, but that's a very good thing too!). I got it for about $20.oo less than it sells for in stores. That wasn't easy though-I saw them going for over $100 on ebay. It amazes me how many idiots don't do the minimal research to figure out how much they'd pay to just buy something from a store. A lot of stuff on ebay is overpriced because people just keep bidding, determined to win. Or I'd bet some of them just don't figure in the shipping and handling costs-that's where some of them really get you. I'm actually still looking though, because if I can get one priced even lower, I just might get Justin one as well. That would stop a lot of fights!
For about 15 you can get a case for the cameras, so that might be a birthday present idea for someone as well.

On memorial day I asked Justin what he wants for his birthday. He replied, "A hammock, a zebra with buttons, and a car with buttons." He is referring to Mia's green jeep that you drive, not a toy car. I asked Tom what he wants also and he said a tiger. A real tiger. So you can see what I'm up against here.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Steph, July is a very busy month for us, so I wanted to let you know now for upcoming parties. The only open dates we have right now is....July 5th, 12th, 26th, 27th. Chuck is even playing the day of the Family Reunion on the 19th, so we will have to leave there around 6-6:30 to go to the job.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the dates now. You plan Jacob's 1st Birthday Party around your schedule and we will see what we can do to accommodate.

sajmom said...

Are you crazy?? Of course I try to plan the parties around your schedule!! Do you know how dissapointed the kids would be if you couldn't come! I try my best to accomodate everyone-it's not easy though. But it's meant to be a special day and having you guys there is an important part of that!
Does he play the day after the family reunion?

Sue said...

Yes, he is playing from 1-6 at the WEAA clam bake. The dates above are all the available dates we have for July. I'm really sorry.