Search This Blog

Thursday, May 01, 2008

handwritting


All the sudden this week Leanna's handwritting has taken a turn for the better.

This may not look neat to you, but it is a vast improvement over her typical writting. Usually the page is covered with half erased letters and the words are all over the place. She rushes through all her work. I've talked with her teacher about it and she thinks that sometimes thoughts come so quickly to Leanna that she writes quickly to get them all out, and maybe the fast writting has just become a habbit with her? Who knows......anyway this is one new development I am very happy to see!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

it looks like she's doing a really good job imo. i don't know anyone to compare her too tho! does she like those wipe off boards that you can practice writing on? i've always wondered if kids really like those or not...

sajmom said...

No, I don't think she's a huge fan of practice boards, mainly just because who wants to do that outside of school? It's not so much that she needs extra practice as it is that she needs to slow down and pay attention to what she's doing.
For the most part I think when she's home her job is to play and be a kid, so unless she enjoys doing it, I don't force it at home. That's how I get those amusing little notes about Choklit melk, LOL! (Those might dissapear if I made writting a huge chore).