Search This Blog

Friday, May 09, 2008

Different learning styles by gender

I've always been interested in how people all have different styles of learning. Before I was focused on females and how they are shortchanged in schools. Now that I have boys to raise, I'm paying more attention to male styles of learning as well.
I do have to say, I don't remember moving around a lot in 1st grade(though I could just not remember it). I know Leanna's class does do more than just sit at desks all day-they have workshops and different activities they do with partners or in groups. They work at computers and with the teacher. (the movement breaks things up and the different ways of learning also helps).
The linked article talks says studies show that children learn better when the sexes are separated, particularly in middle school when hormones kick in.

No comments: