Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

Learning to recognize letters

Timothy and Justin were watching SuperWhy (an educational PBS program) this morning and they asked where the letter "S" was. Timothy ran over to the tv and pointed to it. I was shocked, I had no idea he knew any letters. After the first child, I stopped bothering to try to teach stuff like that because I noticed that they pick it up on their own, so why force it when it'll come naturally? Not that I sat there forcing Leanna to memorize letters and numbers and such, but I do remember going over shapes and stuff like that with her. But especially with other siblings to learn from, and the many educational programs on today, those things really do come easily. It'ls still exciting though to see them learning on their own, and I am proud of their accomplishments-all the more because it did come on their own.

No comments: