Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

What's been going on....

I haven't really felt like posting here for a while, I've been a little on the depressed side and that always affects my writting. Tom has a few more job prospects, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Plus I figured out a birthday present I am making for Justin. I'm making a little wall hanging with Finding Nemo material. It'll be a quilted thing, which I've never done before. So the thought of using my creativity and making something is enough to cheer me some. Even if I haven't started yet.

Let's see, lately Timothy's been getting into more and more things. He's as bad as his brother. He loves to throw everything off the end tables and climb on top of them, then he climbs the top of the couch. Justin keeps sneaking into the kitchen and playing with the kitchen hose. I had to take the silverware tray out and wash it today because Justin had flooded it with water the last time he sprayed!! Timothy's latest is taking the silverware out of the drawer and either rearranging it or just plain throwing it on the floor! Justin's also been into decorating his body with pens lately. Leanna's been doing simple addition in school. She's been painting and drawing a lot at home. This weekend we had Maree' over for the first time since before Christmas. She's such a preteen. It seems like she's grown so much the past few months, she's so tall. The huge heels on her shoes help with the height though.

I had to order her to play barbies with Leanna, which I don't like to do. But Leanna was doing nothing but talking about Maree's visit the whole week before and she really really wants Maree' to do something besides computer and tv. If I truly thought Maree' didn't like playing with dolls I wouldn't make her do it. I really think she is just attempting to act more grown up than she truly is. She's 10 and she plays with those littlest pet shop toys and I know before Christmas she said she still plays with Barbies. And Leanna got a cool barbie house for Christmas that I knew Maree' would like too. So I figure one time playing dolls won't kill her, right? Afterwards she admitted to me that she still likes playing with Bratz dolls; which are Barbie dolls with the Bratz image(Ugly, I think). So I felt better about it then. But I was a little worried that she might complain to Korinna and I might get yelled at for it. (Lucky me, I escaped her wrath. Tom got an angry phone call because he had to drop Maree off at a birthday party and apparently Korinna thought Tom should have known to buy a birthday card and put money in it. Let me be clear here-there was no mention of buying a card, present, or giving money beforehand. He assumed that she had everything she needed if he was supposed to drop her off. Korinna knew Maree was going to the party since before we made arrangements for Maree to come this weekend. So I fail to see how this was Tom's fault!)

1 comment:

ADP said...

Excuse me, since when does dropping a child off at a birthday party mean that you have to supply the present also? What kind of convoluted thinking is that? Huh??????