Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Boppy

Interesting, I always wanted one of those Boppy pillows(they go around your middle for breastfeeding and can be used to help the baby to sit). My mother-in-law got me the MY Breast Friend pillow when Leanna was about three months old as a birthday present. It helped, I thought the back support was actually its best feature, but I always really wanted the Boppy. My BF pillow has velcro which is useful for holding the baby in place if you have to stand up or reach for something, but if the baby falls asleep(as they so often do while nursing) opening that velcro to take the pillow off will wake them up! I found a post comparing the two (asking people to comment on what worked for them) and most people suggest getting both.
I thought this comment was good to know, it has uses for bottle or breastfed babies, and uses besides just feeding. Sounds like a good shower-gift:

I'd try out the My Brest Friend, and get one if you like it, but definitely get a Boppy too. I didn't use the MBF (I wasn't able to breastfeed) but we have two Boppies and we're still using them (baby is 9 months now). I've found so many uses for Boppy, it's easily one of the best purchases I ever made:
- Helps avoid arm fatigue when holding a tiny baby for hours at a time
- Perfect place for little baby to rest when being bottle fed
- Nice cushion for mommy to put her head on when she's playing on the floor with baby
- Props baby up for tummy time, helps her spend more time on her tummy
- Perfect "safety" cushion to place around baby who has just learned to sit on her own, so she can't topple over and bang her head
- Daddy likes it as a neck pillow when he falls asleep sitting on the couch ;-)
Obviously I love the Boppy. I'd definitely recommend springing for the slightly more expensive one with the removable cover. Then when you have a spill or spit-up, you just whip the cover off and launder it. Both of ours have that soft, velvety-feeling zip-on cover and we love them.

No comments: