Search This Blog

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Crust policy

This is kind of funny-this Mom asks people what their "crust policy" is? In other words, do you cut the crusts off bread or not?

I grew up having to eat them-you don't waste food. I absolutely hated them.
I didn't start out cutting them-Leanna would leave them most of the time. But when we went on vacation to NC Leanna was asking my cousins and cousin-in-law to make her peanut butter sandwhiches and they cut crusts off for her and she got used to it just like that. I figured you have to choose your battles in life and this one wasn't worth it. So I started cutting them and now she just peels them off. Occasionally she will eat them like on buttered toast with fried eggs. I am encouraging when she does eat them, but I have enough to deal with every day. It's just not worth fighting about. That's my policy.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

nutritionally, what the diff? thats the way i look at it

sajmom said...

I thought it was all the same. But in the comments, someone includes a link to a study claiming the antioxidants are all in the crusts? Who knows?

sajmom said...

I thought it was all the same. But in the comments, someone includes a link to a study claiming the antioxidants are all in the crusts? Who knows?

ADP said...

Yes, there is some good stuff in the crusts, personally, I always loved the crusts, it's crunchier but to each his own.

Jamie said...

lol my mom always said that if you eat your crust, you will sing better :-)