Search This Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Timothy-getting better

Timothy's still feverish, off and on, and wants to be held a little more than usual, but other than that he's normal. I had to take him to the doctor yesterday because you have to go back 2 days after this one shot he had at his check-up. They check if there is a bump on your arm where the shot was given, and if there is it means you have some kind of rare lung disease. Timothy doesn't have the lung disease, but I mentioned the fever to them and the doctor said, well since he's here I'll check him just to be sure. We were the only ones there, it was so nice! So they took his temp, and she checked his breathing, eyes and ears (to make sure there wasn't an ear infection). Everything checked out ok. She said that the fever just means his body is doing it's job-making anti-bodies to fight the shots. She said they don't know why some kids get fevers and others don't. (So there's no worries of Scarlett fever Sue!) I'm glad my kids are as healthy as they are. I've been really lucky in that respect. That whole wisdom tooth-ordeal really brought home to me the meaning of the phrase, "if you don't have your health, you don't have anything."

1 comment:

Michele said...

Sounds like you're talking about a PPD test which is done in the forearm to test for tuberculosis. It needs to be read in 48-72 hours. When I was a kid, they did what was known as a Tine test. It was a little device that had four prongs that got stuck in the forearm and you had it read in 48-72 hrs.