Search This Blog

Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's how you look at it, I guess.....

Tom & I were watching a man on tv go through someone's house, child-proofing everything. We sat there laughing at all the things they were doing. I'm sure it would have been perfectly fine for most children-not ours though. For example, Tom's sitting there going, yeah right! Like that toilet lock is going to keep a kid out! They'd just keep pulling til it broke right off! And I told him, yeah, but some kids would just try to open it and when it didn't open, they'd stop. They're not all like ours(ours would just keep trying until it did break). Hmmm......Does that make our children stubborn, destructive, or just persevering?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it means all three.....

Tom was the same way when he was a child, just like your children. So, do you think it is stubborn, destructive, or persevere?

He was so funny when he was able to take something apart, but not able to put it back together. ie, Tonka trucks.

Now Bill was like the other child, if it didn't open or come apart he would leave it alone. Then he would go get Tom and Tom would get it apart. So, I know what you are going thru with your kids. I'm glad I only had one child who investigated things, rather three children, LOL! One was bad enough, I can't imagine having three like Tom running around, when I was raising my boys.

Tom went from one thing to another investigating. It was like he was thinking, hmm, what can I get into next and make my mommy yell and go nutso.

Ask Tom if he remembers sneaking out the back yard and going to Mo's house and getting his mail? He pretended to be the mailman. Mo had mail sticking out his mailslot in his door and Tom went up his steps and took the mail and brought to our house. I found it in the sandbox. It was bills to be paid, ie electric, gas, etc. I didn't even know he left the yard, he was so sneaky. When Tom was quiet you knew he was up to no good, LOL.