Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Is it me?

Another one from the coincidences post-I'm starting to wonder if Tom or I have some similar problem. I think really we just have bad luck with electronics and appliances! Almost 2 years ago I got a brand new coffee maker and microwave for Christmas. The coffee maker never worked right and died this past year. I then broke the glass plate in the microwave(while cleaning it!) and it eventually started sparking and catching on fire. Our video camera is broken and you know about our digital camera that went for repairs for like 5 MONTHS!! We had to get a new dishwasher this year (though to be fair, the old one was maybe 20 years old). The thermostat Tom put in the back porch room about a year ago is broken and we think the house thermostat is off too! The computer on the third floor has been slowly dying for the past few years. There's probably more that I can't think of now.

The post:
I was talking with a group of people, told them all to hush (don't remember why), and a few seconds later the phone started ringing. They got really creeped out. :)
Funniest(for observers...): technology HATES me. Street lights, cd players, radios, house phones, work phones, fax machines, all computers, appliances, cars, you name it. They just FAIL. I counted NINE street lights turning off as I drove under them last weekend. My cell phone is the worst, it drops every (and I mean absolutely EVERY) call I make. Everything else just breaks or malfunctions. Even my friend's car GPS thing suddenly thought we were in Portland, and we live in Seattle. He was so confused... You have no idea how often I hear, "sorry, this really never happens!" when a cash register freezes up or the gift card de-magnetizes and never works again. The IT guy at work is convinced that something about my magnetic field just messes up all electronic things. Too bad, 'cause I would totally be a techie...
Posted by:
Eve November 13, 2006 at 10:02 AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read about that Steph--it's ususally related to ppl who have gifts esp or something. Sorry, my brain is not working yet, still on my first cup of coffee though my headache seems to be mostly gone.