Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Justin's 2 year old checkup(late)

We finally went for Justin's 2 year old checkup. In my defense, at Justin's last checkup the doctor did say I didn't have to bring him in again until he was 3 or 4 unless I wanted to keep shots current! The doctor and I had discussed how these well-check-ups are largely a waste of time, and he said that Justin's doing fine, unless he gets sick, there's really no reason except shots, for him to come in. But I do like to find out how tall they are and how much they weigh(and how it compares to others). So anyway, Justin is 35 3/4" tall (85th percentile) and weighs 26.5 pounds(about 35th percentile).
It was weird, as soon as we walked in we ran into one of my sister's apartment mates. She even did Justin's finger-prick test (hemoglobin levels and for a lead level). Generally Justin cooperated with coaxing. They had him wear a little mini-hospital gown. That's a first. They had a medical student do most of the check-up. He seemed nervous and had trouble getting Justin to cooperate. He just didn't have the manner that most doctors seem to have. He asked Justin to demonstrate turning pages in a book and moving his hand back and forth. Justin playfully refused. The first thing the doctor said when he walked in was how Justin looks like the kid from the 6Th sense. Eyes, nose, hair-everything! By now I'm just nodding my head, yes, I hear that often. The doctor really got a kick out of it though. Well, I just hope he won't go through the awkward stage that kid(from the 6Th sense) is in now. (no drunk driving either!!)
Boring visit. I was surprised to learn that Justin's so tall. And no shots today!! Yay!
Most embarrassing moment: The doctor told Justin, "Ok, you passed!" Justin only knows the word passed in connection with gas. So guess what he thought the doctor meant! He said, "I passed gas?"

1 comment:

Jamie said...

too cute, "i passed gas?"

LOL