Search This Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Blah Humbug

Someone broke into the van last night and made away with many of Tom's tools. They broke open one of the wing windows. So he spent much of the day fixing the window.
It's really frustrating that we just can't seem to get caught up. I really hope this string of bad luck breaks soon. Every time he's supposed to have a big job something happens, every time we start to get caught up....surprise! All sorts of things have been going on that just are not good. It's been really messing with my normal holiday spirit. I love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. Normally if things are not going well it doesn't bother me so much because I'm still having fun going around buying stuff for the kids and everyone. This year I haven't been able to buy very much at all, and I'm just going to have to be very cautious about spending. So Christmas shopping isn't distracting me from our problems this year, it's adding to them. I can think of 19 people that we have to buy presents for, though I might be forgetting a few. Hopefully Black Friday will help restore my normal holiday spirits. At least somewhat. And then decorating the house might help also. Well, I have to find my holiday spirits no matter what, it's part of my job as a parent. If nothing else, I should be able to fake my way into it for them. Which would be good for me too I guess.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

that is terrible steph :-( do u have renter's insurance? that should help cover some of the loss... john always finds good deals at harbor freight on tools if tom needs to replace some stuff...let us know if we can help at all!

sajmom said...

His insurance should cover most of it. It's frustrating because it was a lost day of work, a window that had to be repaired, and if he needs a tool before it can be replaced he has to find the $ somehow to buy it. Plus it makes you angry because you were violated, and I worry that they'll try to break in again later because they know he'll replace the tools. It's hard to remember everything that was in there, he listed all he could think of (over 1000 worth at last count I heard). Yeah, Tom likes Harbor freight too though it kind of bores me. The policeman said, "I recommend you park in front of your house." Gee thanks officer. We were purposely parking several streets over for the fun of it.