Search This Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Much appreciated

Tonight Laura stopped over to visit while she was doing her laundry at my parent's house. She asked if Timothy needed clothes for Christmas and I said I wasn't sure, I still had to go through his stuff again. On a whim I asked her if she'd come upstairs and help me. She agreed and we sorted through his stuff, getting rid of all the stuff too small or just seasonally inappropriate. She helped me carry the neatly piled clothes over to the boys' room and add it to the other dresser. I've been wanting to move his stuff from the baby changing table into a real dresser for a long time now. But doing that stuff alone would have taken me 2-3 hours between stops to take care of the kids or deal with discipline, trying to carry the clothes through the hall while holding Timothy(to keep him from trying to go down the stairs himself), etc. I think it took about a half hour with Laura's help. I know it was a small thing to her, but I wouldn't have tackled it tonight without her help. Having someone else there really made such a difference. I wanted to say thank you for that!!!!

No comments: