Search This Blog

Monday, November 27, 2006

through their eyes

I love it when I catch a glimpse into how children see the world. In Justin's world, every woman is a Mommy and every man is a Daddy. I remember when Maree told Tom and I what we did for a living. Tom fixed people's houses and I gave kids cheese. This is when I worked in the deli. Everytime Maree came in I would give her a piece of cheese because we gave out free cheese to kids. So Maree thought that was what I did all day long-give cheese to kids!

I spent a long time yesterday trying to explain to Leanna why a character in a movie didn't remember that she'd already met another character (because this was the second time we'd seen the movie, Leanna thought the woman should already remember the man since she met him the day before). No amount of explanation could make it clear to her. It's an excellent illustration of why you have to be so careful about what children watch. They just don't process it the way adults do. They don't understand that what they see isn't truly real.

No comments: