Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Embarrassment

This font is red because I am red-faced. I really really wish I was one of those women who have it all together. Work a job, volunteer, raise the kids, keep a perfect house, and still have time to go out with friends and husband and do things I am passionate about. Sadly, this is not me.

Now, I can be creative, but the house just has never got the focus of it. And the few things I've wanted to do to the house(I know how I want to decorate both bathrooms) have to wait for Tom until I can start. There are other things I can think of, but they cost $ we don't have. Although the main thing stopping me is TIME. The kids drain so much of my time and energy. And right now I'm trying to work on making Christmas presents. I can only do one project thing at a time. So my kitchen table is covered in paints and wood stuff and paint-brushes and sandpaper. If I was single I would have it cleaned up in between working on stuff. But that would waste valuable time for me-as it is I get stopped a million times while I'm trying to work, by the time I give up trying to work I have to make supper or pick up Leanna or take care of something else pressing. This does not make for a clean house.
And last night the kids were crazy and Tom didn't get home until about 8:30 and by that time although Justin was exhausted he didn't go to sleep he just enjoyed sitting with his Daddy and Timothy refused to sleep also. So only Leanna crashed and I never got the kid-free time I needed to straighten up. Why am I writting this?
Because my mother-in-law brought stuff into our house today while I was still in the bedroom with the kids. We were actually up, but hadn't gotten dressed yet or even out of bed. We were just playing together since Leanna didn't have school today so there was no rush. We thought we heard someone yell, but I just dismissed it as a kid yelling outside.

Of course she picks a day to drop by when I haven't cleaned at all the night before. Of course she picks a day when I just collected the dirty laundry and piled it on the kitchen floor, intending to take it down the the basement the next day. The floor was a minefield of toys, blankets, and other unknown objects. I hadn't vacummed or even done dishes the night before. Eeek.
Not that my house is particularly neat on a regular basis, but it's not always that bad. So while I'm greatful that Santa-in-law, I mean Nanny Sue dropped by, I really wish it had been on a day when the place looked normal!!

No comments: