Search This Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

What I aspire to......

So I'm reading the Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio by Terry Ryan, and I just thought this was kind of inspirational. At this part it tells about the mother not only takes care of 10 children, but also has an alcoholic husband. This was during a time period when the husband's alcoholism & asbuse was considered to be "at best a woman's lot and at worst her fault." That's a very depressing situation to be in. Yet the author, one of her children, states, "We knew our mother would never describe her life or ours as wretched. Her delight in living, reflected in her poetry and contest entries, rose out of bed with her every day. It was the one thin Dad couldn't drink away. "

I just thought that was neat that this woman lived in a situation that would make most people fall into a depression and yet it didn't get her down. She managed to raise happy healthy children and keep her sanity. And even delight in living. A lesson for me, if no one else.

2 comments:

ADP said...

ok here is my link

http://my-raw-food-journey.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»