Search This Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The fighting, oh the fighting!

The fighting seems to be at an all time high lately. I am not enjoying this. I need a vacation all by myself!! I bet the neighbors think I'm abusing the kids. They scream and yell all day which causes me to lose my cool frequently. I used to be such a calm patient person. Tom's barely home, even when he's home. It's looking like school may be a bit of relief. Unless of course by that time Timothy is causing trouble as well. And I'm afraid to say it looks likely. Right now he likes to grab out at stuff, every chance he gets. This makes messes. Not too big yet, but the time is coming. I've been telling my sister for a long time now that I just don't think a mild child is in the cards for us. She was sure Justin would be calm compared to Leanna! Wouldn't that have been nice? I know, there are many good qualities in the child I did get, but weeks like this one I like to fantasize about raising quiet polite children. Well, Justin actually is very polite right now, but Leanna was at his age too.......and somehow it dissapeared. She used to say please and thank you and then she just stopped. I have to remind her all the time. So much for the idea that if you use nice words your children will also(And I do, I say please even when asking them to do something and thank you when it's called for.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what happens to us Steph, when we have trying kids.
They push and push to we lose our minds, LOL!
Hang in there. It only gets more interesting as they get older. They put us old folks through some trying times.