Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

People are strange creatures

Wow. Ok, while feeding and comforting the baby I've been reading more replies to that Dilbert post. It reminded me of Tom saying something about putting salt on slugs to kill them. I thought that was really sick and wondered if maybe I should be worried. But after reading the all the replies I think that maybe this satisfies some basic (male??) urge to hunt and kill prey. Not so manly, maybe, when the prey stands no chance, but still.....Aside from kiling all sorts of small game, lots of people, male and female, also mentioned different household tasks as giving them satisfaction. Cleaning the house, ironing, dusting, cleaning the computer(defraging and such), washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom, weed-wacking or lawnmowing, moving furniture, taking out trash, gardening, filing, sorting various items, sanding, woodcutting, argueing with a five year old, cooking, gardening, hole-punching, etc. etc.etc.

Anybody have one??

I like to iron, though I doubt I'd still find it satisfying if I did it all the time. But it's fun to flatten out the clothes and eradicate all those pesky wrinkles! Plus you get to spray that magic sizing stuff and that's fun too. I also like kitchen counters and stovetops to be clean. It bothers me when they're not. Not enough to say, do the week's worth of dishes that have accumulated while I've been catching up on laundry that are blocking me from cleaning the countertop. But it still bothers me. In fact, when I had only one child, I would always clean my Mom's kitchen counters when I went over. Occasionally after Justin, but I was just too busy at that point. I'm sure there are more, I'll have to think about that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUH???????????????

I had to read that one twice--Miss I like to iron!!!

SINCE WHEN!!!

Miss buy me no iron shirts so I don't have to iron.

For Christmas, make sure all clothes bought are knit so someone doesn't have to iron.

Miss I don't even own an iron so make sure you buy knit tops.

Miss I have an iron but only use it rarely.

Excuse me while I sit in this corner and rofl..........

sajmom said...

Well I don't want to own clothes that you HAVE to iron. It's only fun when you don't have to do it all the time. And I don't often iron. I didn't own an iron til my mother-in-law gave me her old one. I think she gave me the ironing board too. I don't like people to buy me clothes as gifts anyway. I do hardly ever iron. That's why it's fun when I do.