Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

At least it came out


Tonight I had a new experience. Now, Justin's put a few things in his ears before. But he just set them there, not jammed in or anything. Leanna's never really been a problem in that area.

I asked my Mom to come over tonight to hold the baby and help so I could clean up the messes Justin made as I was trying to get caught up paying the bills (spilled bubble bath, spilled my unopened ice-tea, smeared coffee grounds all over the stove and down it's front onto the floor, and dumped the leftover coffee out of the pot. And that's just while I was working on bills.) I occupied Justin with some play-doh while we started cleaning up. So imagine my surprise when suddenly a near hysterical Leanna screamed out,
"Mommy! I have play-doh stuck in my nose! I can't get it out!" Oh joy.

Let me tell you, it was not easy to get out. We used tissues and wet paper towels, rolled up in tiny twisted pieces to dig. (I offer my expertise just in case any of you find yourself in similar circumstances) I did ask her why she put play-doh in her nose, but she was too involved to answer. Just now she finally said, "Because I wanted to,and I didn't think it would be stuck there. I should have told you." I really wonder what was going through her mind. (I mean what, hmmm.....I wonder what this would feel like?) One thing I can say is that it is never boring here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephie, it sure isn't boring at your house. My dear child you sure do have your hands full.

When I wished Tommy be blessed with a child like he was as a child, I didn't mean 2 at a time. I'm so sorry for you.

I sit here and read your blog and I laugh my head off at the shenanigans you go through, but I truly know it isn't funny on your end.

Maybe by the time they are teens they will be all through all the bad stuff and settle down and have calm teen years for you. But I truly don't think it will be calm, we will just have to see....

Michele said...

How 'bout tweezers?!?!? (Just a thought in case this happens again...)

sajmom said...

Oh sure, if you want to use the right tools! LOL. I just used what was on hand, we were in the kitchen and she was crying that it hurt. Hmmmmm,not a bad idea to keep supplies downstairs also. Just in case.