Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

They're Growing Again!

It's so neat to watch the kids growing up and becoming their own people. I can't wait to find out what Timothy's like. Will he keep that happy personality? Will he keep Justin's temper? I wonder about how his personality is being shaped by watching his brother and sister. Lately he's begun to really play by himself. I can set him on the floor with some toys and he'll play there for a while. Usually until one of his siblings bothers him.
I remembered the other thing that I've learned about myself from the kids. I've learned a lot about my speach! I use words like "probably" and "Actually" and phrases like, "In a minute" an awful lot apparently. And "Apparently." :) It sounds so funny to hear little Justin saying "probably" and handing me something while saying, "hold it, minute, Mommy." (hold it for a minute) His speach has been flowering lately. At first it was just extra words, but the past month or so he's been adding whole phrases. Last night he told me"I can't open the door." Very clearly too. That's a whole sentence! (I know, he's been using whole sentences forever, but they were much simpler ones). I've noticed Leanna copying a lot of Maree's gestures and phrasing lately too. Not so thrilled with that one. Maybe that will die down some when Leanna goes to school. But I do enjoy Leanna's explanations of things. She really does pick up a lot. Today she was telling me about how it's so hot in the desert(I hope I picked the right spelling there) that people have to eat inside, where it's cooler. She's been wanting to have a picnic lately. She now asks if she can marry Timothy one day instead of Justin.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

there's nothing wrong with getting excited about little milestones!! i dance and clap and sing when i see jonathan do something "simple" like putting a toy back together :-) it's especially fun to hear them actually say "real" words!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»