Search This Blog

Sunday, May 28, 2006

animals

We have an ongoing science experiment at our house-the tadpoles on our back porch have grown legs and arms(or is it just front and back legs? Whatever.) Tom had to clear out some of the water because once they change to frogs they need air, unfortunately, he accidentally lost one of the tadpoles down the drain Saturday night. He was trying to drain some of the water, but the tadpole went with it! He told Leanna that it went to the ocean. So she pestered him with all kinds of questions, like who would feed the frog at the ocean. She was genuinely worried for it's safety. Tom was annoyed with all her questions, but I thought it was really sweet that she was so concerned. Then tonight he had to drain more water from the container because two more frogs died. We think they drowned. So hopefully we'll manage to save the last two.
It's pretty neat that the kids get to watch the animals grow like that. We also have a bird sitting on her nest out in the roof of our backyard. We watched the Daddy bird bringing little twigs and stuff over to build the nest. Every day Justin goes out back to yell "Hi bird!" and "Hi Tadpoles!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all the animals your kids are around they will know a lot, when it is time for Science in school. I was around cats and dogs all my life. My grandmother used to raised wild kittens into friendly cats, my brother and I would pull them around in our wagon all around the yard.

That's why my mom's house means so much to me, because that is where all my good memories of my childhood are from. I spent my whole life there until I got married and then when my grandparents were still alive we all came back for picinics.

I really miss them so much, the holidays aren't the same anymore, but that is life and you have to make new memories with the ones left behind.

sajmom said...

We could only have goldfish and hampsters when I was a kid. So I was only around dogs and birds at my grandparents' house. If we ever do get our dream house, which would have lots of land, then I would love to have animals. But it's kind of hard in the city, and right now I have enough taking care of our kids. Dogs are expensive too!

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»