Search This Blog

Monday, May 29, 2006

nice day for us

I just finshed painting Justin and Leanna's nails. It's kid nail polish, practically water. So it doesn't really show. I couldn't leave Justin out-he wanted his done too! (It'll wear off by tomorrow anyway). Timothy's napping and the house is pretty quiet. It was actually a very nice holiday. Since my Mom's heart attack she has completely turned her diet around. Her influence has been trickling down to those around her. I never thought I'd see the day when my Dad would like to eat salads or yogurt or smoothies! I mention this because we now have a lot more healthy foods to munch on at these family gatherings. Which is nice. We still had old standbyes like chips and brownies. But we had peppers and carrots and cucumbers too. And Justin tried and liked Kumquats(I think I spelled that right). They taste sort of like a combination of orange and lemons. You need water nearby when you try them. He also ate some dehydrated onions! He has interesting tastes.
But aside from that it was just nice to spend time talking to family. I didn't have to go anywhere and I didn't have to worry as much about cleaning up as usual, because the only one there who doesn't see our house in it's natural state was Uncle David. So I just figured, aww, screw it! We also had Tom home all day which is rare. Leanna especially enjoyed herself today, and that makes me happy too. I think we'll all sleep good tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a very nice relaxing day too, you really need it with running around chasing the kids, LOL! We also had a nice relaxing day before we go back to the old grind of working. I mowed my mom's yard and helped a friend to get an air-conditioner. We, meaning her, her son and me carried it up to the 3rd floor and then we put 2 air-conditioners in their windows. Man is it HOT outside. Walmart was sold out of air-conditioners already, hard to believe, the season only just begun. We went to Home Depot and got a really nice one and it wasn't expensive, go figure!

Soon I'm off to bed. It was hard to believe that I slept 12 hours today, I never have slept that long in my life. I must have been tired and worn out.

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»