Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wedding Reception

Laura and Betsy (sister of the Bride)
just after tossing the flowers

their first dance


during the toast
The reception didn't start until 5:00. Apparently it's common there for there to be a gap between the ceremony and reception, most people just go home for a few hours in between. We checked into a hotel, since we couldn't just drive home. It's funny, after the brouhaha during my grandmother's funeral, I was worried about the kids getting rambunctious. They were the exact opposite! For the most part, they just sat there, bored and somewhat listless. With the exception of Jacob, who wouldn't stop crying and fussing for me. My arms were so tired from holding him. He did NOT want to sit in a high chair for hours after doing all that driving! They had a female DJ who had a spiel going for a while so I had to keep Jacob quiet. And a lady one table over from us kept shooting me dirty looks when Jacob made noise. The car-ride and then having to sit and be quiet was just too much for him, I did my best. I left with him several times that night. But as soon as we returned he was fussy again. He didn't fall asleep til the final 45 minutes of the night!



No comments: