Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Literary Stuff

A page in the library book Gone With The Wand (a very cute book by the way) so that everyone who checks out the book will see her name. It's one of the prizes she won in the summer reading club for reading books.

*I'm reading Leanna (and sometimes the boys too) Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. (the first Little House on the Prairie book) I'm enjoying it too!
I didn't remember that the book starts out with a description of how they store food for the winter. Yuck! I'm glad I don't have to make head cheese and cook pig parts and such.

*Leanna's currently reading/finishing FishFace by Patricia Reilly Giff

*We had our best library trip yet on Saturday, but that was largely due to Maree' being with us. She took Jacob and pushed him around and read to him while I stayed with the boys and we reported their five books read. It also helped that we didn't stick around to pick out new books.

*Justin is really into rhyming words right now, and Timothy copies him. He's starting to get it right about a quarter of the time now, LOL, I admire his perserverance! It doesn't bother him one bit that he doesn't get it right most of the time.

*Jacob sometimes grabs a book and "reads" now.

No comments: