Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Art Project

This one's from midway through.....you can see he's grabbed at the widowsill and he's pulled his sister's pencil box near him, paint's just too fun to waste it only on paper!
Completely conked out in his seat, covered in paint.

I love this picture of him carefully painting his fingers!


At first he was doing great.



Even Jacob participated in this project. I strapped him in his seat and gave him some scrap paper and a brush and let him play. And I was very lucky that he actually did amuse himself with the paints for a while. Then he got really tired-it was nap time-and he fell asleep in his chair. That was perfect for me because it meant when he woke up he couldn't just come out and walk into a mess before I noticed he was up......he was already strapped into the chiar! It should have worked that way anyway.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Jacob looks like he had fun, but what a mess he is, LOL.

I hope the paint didn't stain his clothes.

You kids are so amazing on how they can fall asleep just anywhere. I never had that kind of luck with Tom doing that at their age. Bill yes, he could fall asleep anywhere when he was tired.

sajmom said...

Nope, it's all crayola washable and tempera paint. It came off everywhere but a few spots of wood. (there are two spots on the table it hasn't come off yet and on the wood on the butcher table too. But I only tried soap and water yet).

sajmom said...

That's only Jacob and Timothy that fall asleep anywhere. And even that is limmited. I tried all night at my grandmother's house before her funeral to get Jacob to sleep. Nothing worked, he wouldn't nurse to sleep or rock or walk to sleep. I took him upstairs in the dark and walked around for about 20 minutes and it didn't work. He was soooo tired but Would NOT go to sleep. I think it's maainly that they can fall asleep anywhere in their own house.

Jamie said...

LOL to the sleeping pic! thats a blackmail one for the future!

Michele said...

You are a much braver person than I am. LOL.