Search This Blog

Thursday, June 04, 2009

I shouldn't be blogging

I need to clean, clean, clean, but I don't feel like it at all! I finally heard from a company today about lead removal! They called to schedule a time convenient for us, them, and the landlord. Monday at 10:00 they'll be here! I am so nervous, I haven't seen the landlady since the last time she stormed out of here when we asked about her fixing a broken window. I am not looking forward to it at all! I don't know if she'll be angry with us because she has to pay for this or if she'll be mad again because she doesn't think we've made enough improvements to the house. I will have to have, literally, every room in the house clean. Plus there's a lot of stuff Tom should fix before she sees the place and he's working all weekend.

I've actually done a lot of cleaning here this past week or so, but it's all the invisible kind. You don't notice that I put all the winter clothes away and got summer stuff out. You don't see that I cleaned out my closet and a few hidden storage spaces. I bagged up a bunch of clothes we can't use and a thrift shop picked them up. I cleaned out under the couches and got rid of a bunch of unnecesary papers. I cleaned the fridge and took care of a few appointments. The house doesn't look any cleaner for all my work, and it can be really frustrating sometimes.

I really wish all this stuff with strangers coming to our house was done and over with!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

good luck with your visitors!