Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Cherry


The bride was beautiful, of course! We only have a few pictures from the ceremony because we only got there in time for the last 5 minutes or so of it! And I didn't even get to see that because Jacob started yelling the second we sat down, so I had to get right back up again. He did not enjoy the car trip!
Poor Jacob cried for about 3/4 of our four hour trip. I figured we could leave by nine, and that gave us an extra hour to play with....plenty of time, right?
Well, first I should mention that me, Leanna, and Timothy all got sick on Thursday & Friday. Jacob had been sick with some sort of infection that finally cleared up on Thursday. So us three sick people just slept all day and night. I did send Leanna to school on Friday because it was the last day, otherwise I would have kept her home. Timmy threw up only once, Leanna threw up three or four times. So all preparation for the trip I had intended to be doing on those two days beforehand was all thrown out the window. Because of that I was running behind that morning, and Tom didn't mention that he didn't remember how to get there until late Friday night either. So he was on the phone trying to find directions Saturday morning. And getting a shower, and his razor went dead so he had to wait for it to charge. Justin was up throwing up Fri.night/Sat. morning and I wasn't even sure if we should try to go. Leanna was still a bit warm and was not acting like herself. We stopped to buy some children's tylenol-I don't even mess with that stuff usually, but I figured for one day, not a big deal. But Justin only ate one and Leanna managed three. I don't know that it helped any. Anyway, long story short: we left at about 10:30 for a wedding starting at 2:00 that was four hours away. We won't say how fast Tom drove. And we actually would have made it on time if people hadn't all forgotten to call us and tell us to skip a certain portion of the directions. So we went fourty miles out of our way and stopped to ask a local citizen for help with the directions. At that point I changed in the car, and when we got there we dressed the kids in the car too. The button on Tom's pants popped as we dressed the kids. I'm not even going over the full list here, but one thing after another was going wrong.
The important thing though, was that everything seemed to go right for the happy couple, and they had a great day.

No comments: