Search This Blog

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Tryin to win a free book

Pass the link for this on to anyone you know who might be interested:

A Sane Woman’s Guide to Raising a Large Family shares the story of the growth of our family, as well as the hints and tricks I’ve learned over the years that help me stay sane as a mother of many. I’d never claim to have all the answers, but having a large family has forced me to become more efficient.
Some ideas in the book are tailored specifically for larger families, but many ideas in every chapter could work for any busy family, large or small. As an added point of interest, some of my very favorite blogger-mommas have graciously shared their wisdom for this book, including Shannon (4 kids) from
Rocks in My Dryer, Carrien (3 kids) from She Laughs at the Days, and Jenni (12 kids) from One Thing.

On amazon you can preview the book (click on the Look Inside part) and I was reading the first few pages. I love this part from the second page, it nicely summs it up for me:

"but the decision to grow your family consists of much more than adding up noise and groceries and laundry, and gauging your tolerance of each. You also have to factor in the multiplication of hugs, the many more funny sayings, and the additional joy of witnessing each child succeed at each new phase of life. I think most parents would agree that a single lisped "I love you" at the right moment can easily outbalance a bathtub full of laundry."

(Mom you should read page 10, the last one it lets you preview, I think you'll relate). I'm thinking I should really read this book!

1 comment:

ADP said...

I couldn't read anything...it just kept showing the page loading. I did get to read the first page where she's sitting there enjoying the fruit of her children's labor. Let me tell you, it didn't work like that in our house growing up.