Search This Blog

Monday, March 02, 2009

Beautiful

An attitude of gratitude
12:56 PM PST, January 15, 2009
I heard something today that really made me think.
A man was talking about his life and growing up in the Great Depression. During that time, when he was 12 years old, his father died, leaving his mother with 7 young children, no money, and no income.
This man said that he remembered his mom, like a mother hen, huddling all the children around the casket at his father's funeral. She looked down at his father, with the children there in front of her and said, "Look at what you've left me with..."
And I fully expected her to say something like, "all these children, no money, and what am I supposed to do?"
But instead, she said, "Look at what you've left me with" and she looked at the children, "something that is worth more than all the gold in the world. THANK YOU."
Wow.
I am so thankful for this wonderful example of gratitude, faith, and devotion. I hope it encourages you today as it has me.
Sonya Haskins
mom, author, homeschool advocate

No comments: