Search This Blog

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Humerous post

I found this post on 5 Minutes for parenting: We're all in this together. I love this one, I found myself snickering at several parts. (By the way, she isn't related to the media's "Octomom" she just has eight kids and calls herself that.)

Octamom Plus Eight
(When she's not avoiding laundry by blogging, Octamom can be found homeschooling her brood of eight. Having left a career in television and radio to become a professional lactator, Octamom has been married to the cutest guy in the world for almost 20 years. Through her writing and photography, she hopes to bring a laugh, share a thought and encourage other moms to enjoy the ride! She blogs at Octamom)

My very brave and patient and organized and pithy neighbor popped in for a couple of minutes the other day and we stood in my non-organized entry chatting (how I have managed to make a formal entry unorganized just goes to show the depth of my talent). The sounds of whining children floated down to us from the upstairs media room, me doing my best to ignore the clarion call of bickering children. Things quieted down for a bit and then I heard the loud squeal of one kid.
I keep an auditory memory file somewhere in the depths of my brain that categorizes and defines the squealing, crying, yelling, shrieking calls of my offspring, kind of like those marine biologists who claim they know all the whale songs by heart. This particular squeal that assaulted the hearing sensibilities of my neighbor and me pegged somewhere around the "Biting Victim" range.
"HEYYY!!!!" I gently called in my soft mommy scream. "HHEEEYYYYYY!!!" "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON UP THERE?!?!?!?""
"It's okay. It's just Aiden," called a kid voice.
Aiden?
Aiden? We don't have an Aiden. My neighbor doesn't have an Aiden. Who's Aiden?
"AIDEN? WHO'S AIDEN??!!??~~"
"From Jon and Kate Plus 8. We're watching it on tv…"
Oh…..
So I just want to make sure I have this straight. I'm now also having to deal with the bickering and biting and resultant squealing of Jon and Kate's brood along with my own. Okay.
And riddle me this, Gentle Readers. I have eight children. My children are living in a family of eight. We have the same messes, similar challenges, same general chaos. Why, oh why, would my children find viewing other children in the same situation soooooo fascinating? It concerns me. What kind of voyeurism is this?
Is it because Kate is so relaxed and calm compared to their mother?
Okay, that was snarky…but funny…..
This post was originally published on October 10, 2008 at Octamom.
If you would like to be considered to be featured in "A Dose of Humor", please email Rachel at doseofhumor@gmail.com.
Be sure to check out Rachel's blog, Grasping for Objectivity in my Subjective Life

No comments: