Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Grocery blues

I get so disgusted by trips to the grocery store. It just amazes me how much you spend for so little!
I bought, an onion and noodles for chicken soup, butter, jelly, cheerios, bread (only two loaves this time, generally I buy four at a time), yogurt, and (a splurge!) yogurt melts for Jacob. Plus a container of mayonaise on sale for $2.00 (normally 5 or 6, they had a huge display of them, but I guess they didn't sell). That's about 20.00 right there and I get home and it's like......ok, what do I have to eat.....nothing! The cereal and sandwhich stuff's for the kids, and the yogurt, and then supper and baking stuff. That happens pretty often!

3 comments:

Blushed said...

I totally know what you mean! There are times where I go there to pick something up to make for dinner and it would have been cheaper to just go out to eat. Prices are ridiculous now.

Jamie said...

yeah it is bad but just think, it's only a matter of time till you have cheap fruit at the store and apple/strawberry picking!

sajmom said...

I'm looking forward to strawberry picking again! That was so much fun!