Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Library trip again

We actually had a decent time at the library today, but that was largely because I had Timothy stay with my Dad while we went. He kept having temper tantrums this morning-he's reached that stage. For my kids it isn't the terrible twos, it starts at about 2 3/4. So he's right on schedule. So I asked if he could stay with my Dad while we went to the library. Justin and Leanna are much more able to control themselves. Reminders are generally all they need. Leanna got a t-shirt and a coupon for a free doughnut from Dunkin Doughnuts as her reward from the library program, so she was pretty happy.

Justin's at a neat age now-I can read him all kinds of books, even ones above his level of understanding, and he listens. He won't understand all that's said, but he tries, or sometimes he just gets the gist of it. It's cute to hear him come out with these things he's learned, out of nowhere. And I'm learning a lot from his interests too. He is definitely expanding my universe of knowledge!

No comments: