Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Are you a Tigger or an Eeyore?

If you haven't yet heard of Professor Randy Pausch and his "Last Lecture" you should. Laura mentioned it to me, but I didn't check it out until I ran into a post on him on Parentdish when he died. I highly recommend it-advice on achieving childhood dreams, living, dying, parenting-just how to live a good life in general. (Warning-if you are highly emotional, as I seem to be recently, it will make you cry, more than once).
For article commentary: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120951287174854465.html?mod=null_topbox

Left me with lots to think about.

4 comments:

Sue said...

h don't buy his book because John gave me that book for Mother's Day. You may borrow it from me to read. It is a well written book by Randy Pausch.

sajmom said...

Can I please borrow it? I vaguely remember you getting that, I hadn't heard of it yet.

Sue said...

yes you may any time.

Michele said...

I loved that man. I think I felt a sort of connection to him, as our niece has been at CMU for last 7-8 years. She has a degree in robotics and now is working on her PhD. I have a sample of his book on my Kindle (my wireless reader). I haven't read the sample yet, but I'm sure once I do, I'll be buying his book. He certainly was an inspiration to all.