Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

Belated Birthday Pictures



Jacob's first birthday cake-not as elaborate as last month's, but with the family reunion the day before, no help, and sheer exhaustion from the night before (Leanna couldn't fall asleep with Maree and the boys took turns waking up) I just didn't have it in me. I didn't start out with special cakes with everyone anyway, so I'm not going to feel guilty about that. The iceing was homemade at least.
It was a small party-just my parents, Laura, and Maree'. No one was in a party mood that day, and Jacob was refusing to nap. I forgot to charge the camera batteries, and when I remembered, after the party had started, they weren't in right so they didn't charge. The charger we have is particular, if the batteries aren't in just so they don't charge. I was greatly disapointed. So the pictures I have are actually from my Mom's camera.

1 comment:

Sue said...

No offense Steph, but I like the looks of Jacob's cake, it is so very cute. You really did work hard on Leanna and Justin's cakes for their birthdays, but Jacob is still young and he doesn't care at his age what his cake looks like, as long as it is good.

Pop-pop and Nanny-Sue are so very sorry we couldn't make your birthday party due to pop-pop playing, but hopefully we can make the next one. You look like you had a ball.