Search This Blog

Monday, August 06, 2007

Looong day

I still don't have a routine down pat yet......it's still crazy here. Today was one of those days where the screaming started right away, nobody wanted any food that I have here (no money to buy more) and EVERY SINGLE toy one of them picks up is coveted by the others!!
I got the baby to sleep and went to catch up on dishes (I always have a counterfull of plastic stuff because it's only safe on the top rack of the dishwasher and the kids go through it like crazy). I was feeling good about cutting down on the counter clutter. Justin had started to empty the toybox but I figured that's kind of the price I pay for cleaning in one area. While I did the dishes Timothy opened a giant bag of rabbit food that's been waiting for Tom to carry it out. They spilled all over the floor. As I was cleaning that up I didn't notice Justin deciding that rabbit food is fun to play with. He was sitting there pouring more out and running shovels through it and having a grand ol time. Timothy decided to join him and after I finished cleaning it up in the kitchen I turned around only to find it all over the living room. It was everywhere. Like pushed under the closet door, under their toybox, under the desks. It was all over the pathway and made the floor very slippery! This is in addition to all the toys that had been thrown (literally, in Timothy's case) all over the floor. The kids were hungry now. The baby was of course, crying at this point, and I wasn't so far from it myself. It took all afternoon to get it cleaned up, well, I'm still waiting for Tom to get home so we can move furniture to get the rabbit food stuck underneath. He was gone before 8AM and it's now 9:35 and he's still not home. That's pretty typical. And it's not because he's doing work straight through(while that would still suck it would mean more money at least), which gets pretty frustrating. I should clarify that it's not that he's hanging out with friends or anything either. He'll have to stop by someone's house or go look at a job or he'll stop at Tony's Pizza to bring free food home and ends up doing this or that for them, etc. etc. So he ends up being gone forever without extra fun or money to show for it. Long days like this with just me and 4 small people are really hurting my sanity right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tony's! my old landlord! LOL that place definitely always has some work to be done! :-)

my friend and i always say that the phrase, "mama had a baby and her head popped off" is so true sometimes!! lol hang in there!

sajmom said...

Really? Tom's working at one of Tony's apartments now. The pizza place always seems to need something done.

LOL. If "Mama had a baby and her head popped off" then what happens when Mama has four babies?

Jamie said...

hehe!

Sue said...

Jamie's landlord was in Stockertown where he has a restruant called Tony's Pizza, it's not the same pizza man. Your Tony is Antonio of Antonio's Pizza. He is located on 3rd St. in Easton. GREAT FOOD!