Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2007

How far we've come



Today I called my parent's house to see if my Mom could come watch the older three while I dashed to the bank. So much easier than finding everyone's shoes, making sure hair is combed and clothes are reasonably clean and dragging out the big double stroller and sling just to go for a short walk to the bank. But my Mom was out yard sale-ing and my Dad actually volunteered to come over and stay with them so I could go quickly by myself.

This sort of thing is amazing and actually really neat......MY Dad watched THREE kids, on his OWN! Just a few years ago he wouldn't have done that! He is really mellowing, and I have to say, I think it's good for him. I think it allows him to enjoy the grand kids much more. He's come a long way even since Leanna was born. I think he enjoys watching the boys play because he always wanted a boy (Justin is named for the boy they never had) and watching them reminds him of his own childhood. So that helped engage him with the kids even more.

When his own kids were little he thought that there wasn't much you could do with young kids, they weren't very interesting. He would wait until they were older and could hold conversations with him and such. He missed out on a lot of bonding that way. And we weren't as close with him as we would have been had he spent more time with us while we were young. So especially because of that, it makes me happy to watch him with my kids. I think it's really great for both of them!

No comments: