Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

He smiles!!


I almost forgot to add here, about 3 days ago Jacob gave his first "real" smile......a smile that directly seemed to be in reaction to me. Practically since birth he's given smiles of contentment, such as after he eats. His little belly is full and he's in my arms and all is right with the world so he smiles.
But the medical community doesn't recognize those smiles as real-they say babies don't smile until about 4-6 weeks old (before then the smiles are supposed to be caused by gas). But I dissagree! Babies DO smile before then and it's not always gas!!
Anyway, the "real" smile was caused by singing and dancing with me and it was just the most adorable little smile ever!! He's a happy little boy.

5 comments:

Sue said...

He looks so cute sucking his thumb. Did the others suck their thumb too, I can't remember.

ADP said...

What? You mean that a song came out of your mouth? hehehe. 4 kids and I have yet to hear you sing a song to them.

sajmom said...

You have yet to see me dance with them either. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There are plenty of things you never see!

sajmom said...

None of them are thumb-suckers, that's the only time I've seen Jacob do that. I grabbed the camera cause it looked cute. The last two aren't big on pacifiers either, but that has more to do with me than them. I waited longer to introduce a pacifier and purposely try to only use it when I have to (like when I am somewhere where I can't immediately feed him).

Michele said...

What an adorable picture!