Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The best gifts

Best baby gifts

I think my favorites are generally the ones that show real thought-the handmade blanket, like the one Tom's aunt made for Justin (although she has a sewing machine that embroiders for her-that must be fun to play with!), the frame with Timothy's name and it's meaning that his Aunt Laura made for him, gifts like that.

I like the idea someone lists in the comments on the link of adding a little note saying why each gift you give had meaning. As in "this particular cup is really easy to clean and was my child's favorite to use." This works best for a new mother, but would be sweet no matter what.

Anyone have a favorite (or just really special) baby gift they received? (or a suggestion for one)

3 comments:

Michele said...

That was one gift I was always disappointed I never got....a crocheted or knitted baby blanket for either of my kids. I always thought that would be something really neat to keep forever and then pass on to their kids and so on and so on....

ADP said...

I'm too old to remember my baby gifts


HAHAHAHA!!!

sajmom said...

Ok, someone had either too much caffeine today or not enough!