Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Creative Aunt

We saw my Aunt Cindy and Uncle Bob last night. She brought along these aprons she made from jeans or Jean skirts. They were for a craft fair. I wish I had a picture to show, they were really cute. She used trim to make the ties and to hold the top bib up and decorate the bottom. On some the bib was made from the leg of the jeans, on others she just used extra material she had. One had strawberries on the material for the bib and on the bottom ruffle so she added strawberry buttons. She estimated that they cost about 3 or 4 dollars each to make, with thread actually being the biggest cost(She bought the jeans from yard sales for no more than 50 cents each and the trim and material were given to her). I think she said she made 11 since the end of July. I wish I had time to be creative like that! She and her husband are both retired teachers this year, so she is able to do things like that. Although I have to say, she always found time to make things. They don't have cable and rarely watch tv and her hands are almost never idle. I admire her industry! When she comes to visit she always has a bag of knitting or crocheting along with her.
One day I would love to have free time to just make things and get really creative. I have a Loooong time until I get there though!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Makes you want to go home and create something doesn't it!

ADP said...

She amazes me with all she does. She's very inspiring.