Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2006

rough weekend

Except for getting our camera back finally, this was not a fun weekend. I had to send Maree’ home early since we got sick.(Korinna was not happy-she had plans for Saturday night). Leanna and Justin were throwing up. And we’re talking projectile vomiting here. Leanna got hit the hardest-she looked so miserable the first day. I just sat there holding her Saturday afternoon-evening. She and Maree had been playing on the front porch while Tom worked on the van, and she didn’t make it in the house. All over the steps, front door, and vestibule! And she was throwing up the most. She’s old enough now that she knew she was going to throw up again, and she was afraid of it. Justin was the opposite-he didn’t understand what was going on, and he kept trying to swallow it instead of letting it come out. I kept telling him to put it in the bucket but he didn’t want to. I think he was just scared of it. This is the first time he’s been sick besides a minor cold/caugh. And one ear infection. So for the safety of the rug and bed, I decided to sleep downstairs with the kids. Plus since Tom’s starting a new job on Monday, I didn’t want him to get sick. I pushed the couch and love-seat together so we could be close (and make sure the bucket was there in time!) That was the longest night ever! Our couch is extremely uncomfortable! I was up frequently because of the kids waking up to throw up or ask for water. Poor Leanna kept saying how hungry she was, but she was afraid to eat. We woke up around 8:30 and no one had thrown up for over 4 hours, so we figured we were ok. Everyone was hungry and there was no food in the house-so Tom picked up some McDonalds. I wasn’t up for cooking yet and Tom was in a hurry (helping Jerry out today). But Justin didn’t eat and Leanna ate a few bites of pancake and threw them up a little later. She and Justin finally seem ok now-no throwing up since early afternoon!

So far Timothy’s fine. He woke up extremely happy this morning. I figure he probably has the most protection because of my milk. That would explain why Justin didn’t get it as bad either. I was feeling very queasy last night, and so very tired. I felt as tired as I did the first couple weeks after giving birth. I just wanted to sleep, I felt like I’d be ok if I could just sleep. But I couldn’t because all three kids needed me. Rough night. I couldn’t eat either. Nothing seemed appealing. I didn’t throw up at all though. I woke up starving with a very sore back and a headache (probably just from the no sleep and a lumpy too soft couch). Tom probably managed to escape since he wasn’t really around the kids much. Lucky him.

Now I’m left with like, 20 loads of laundry(all the clothes and blankets they managed to throw up on) and sanitizing of several household surfaces. Now my Mom’s starting to get it too, but her symptoms sound like mine, so maybe she won’t have it too bad either. It's miserable when kids are sick!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

sorry to hear it!! :-( being sick is no fun! did anyone get diarrhea?? that is what seems to be going around with the vomiting, and it lasts for a week to 10 days! so if the kids managed to not get it, i guess it could've been worse? not fun at all anyways but i am glad to hear everyone is getting better!

sajmom said...

Nope, ours was a 24 hour thing. No fever or diarrhea. Justin was perfectly normal except for when he was throwing up.