Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

NONSEQUENTIAL AGEING

Wouldn't it be nice to have the wisdom of a 93 year old combined with the life we have now?
"At 93, I would give all the treasures I had aquired through my many years of financial success, just to cuddle with that baby who simply wants me, just me. I would drag my tired bones up from my chair if that child asked to play withme. I would gladly walk to the park or just sit in the yard and watch for butterflies. There would be no place I had to go; no phone call worth interrupting this beautiful day. My slow pace and undivided attention would be all that this child required.
And then I would be 35 again, and I would be reminded that, in the end, what I will treasure most are my memories with my children. And I wll feel as though those few chaotic years I spent in my thirties vanished in an instant. Returning from my day at 93, I know I will not regret spending less time out working or working out. I will reprioritize my life so that I will embrace the joys that are in front of me and I will be thankful for the good health with which I can enjoy them."

From The Mother's Guide to the Meaning of Life: What i've Learned in My Neverending Quest to Become A Dalai Mama by Amy Krouse Rosenthal.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

i'm borrowing this for my blog :-) it is very sweet! thanks for sharing!