Search This Blog

Friday, March 24, 2006

Experienced Mom?

When aren't you a 'new mom' any more?
Posted Feb 6th 2006 4:29PM by Sarah GilbertFiled under: Moms, Blogging Baby Round Table


I was calling myself an "experienced mom" in an IM conversation with Karen and she asked, "when will I be an experienced mom?"
I shot back, "when you have your second child!"
But then I thought about it a minute and realized, hello, many people only have one child, while others pack one right on top of the other in a pregnancy doubleheader. "When your first child is two," I corrected myself, arbitrarily.
Later I called someone a "new mama" because her baby wasn't yet one year old, and wondered, is she a new mama? She seems so knowledgeable, now, with her giggling crawling 10-month-old. How much experience do you need before you go from "new mama" to "experienced mother"? When are you really a mom?



To see how others commented to this post, scroll down on this page:
http://www.bloggingbaby.com/2006/02/06/when-arent-you-a-new-mom-any-more/

No comments: