Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

frustrating

Just me complaining:
I hate how when I put money in the bankFriday it takes until Tuesday for the money to actually be there. That is so completely unfair considering that now your checks can clear within hours! Sure they can take your money away immediately but they can't credit it to you for days! That can cause real problems for those of us who live paycheck to paycheck. We live in the age of computers! Why can this not show up on computers immediately?? Anything else does.
Along similar lines: Ford Motor Credit decided not to report that my car was paid off. Apparently this happens often. The system shows a lein on the car until 2007(?I bought it in 1997-it wasn't a 10 year loan!) That car was paid off 4 years ago! So I called Ford and they're mailing me a notorized paper saying the car is mine! Why can't they just enter it into a computer and then it would show up at John Yurkonic as being paid off? Why get a paper signed, mail it, then have to go take it out again to prove? Tom especially is ticked off about that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lafayette Bank, is where I go and have been a customer for years and years, they never hold any checks. I always ask if they hold this or that check and they said no you can draw on it right away. Maybe you should think about going to a different bank. I used to also deal with Sovereign Bank, ooh I hated that bank so much. They charged you for stupid stuff, when my bank, it was always free. I can't think of anything right now, but when I do, I'll make a note of it and let you know.
I had a large check last year that I deposited into Lafayette Bank and had to send half to Aunt Jeri, they still didn't hold it. I was shocked! The check was drawn on Wachovia, but if I would have tried to cash it at a Wachovia Bank, I would have needed finger prints taken, which is so stupid to me, especially when you have picture ID, showing them it is you cashing the check. So, when I deposited it Lafayette Bank, they told me that Wachovia Bank is real quick with cashing checks and clearing them, by the time Aunt Jeri would have cashed my personal check to her, that check would have been cleared just like that.

Anonymous said...

Yeah you would think that there would be some kind of law about that

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!