Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

in control

Justin also loves to pull me around-either by the hand or by putting his head between my legs and steering my body. He'll take my hand and say, "Come on!" and start pulling me back and forth across the downstairs floor. He really gets a kick out of that. Probably control issues going on there! Like how Leanna loves to make up stories or play with her dolls where they are little girls going for walks without their parents. But as though the thought is still a little scary to her she will then add, but they were old enough to do it! You know, so it's ok.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

jonathan enjoys doing that too, i never looked at it as a control thing, just simply him realizing that HE can change the world, like WOW I can actually make stuff happen!!

sajmom said...

I think that is a control thing-but I don't necesarily mean it as a negative. When you say controling people generally mean/think of it as a bad thing but it doesn't have to be. Like everything else you need a balance-it's good to have control in your life, over your own life. Too much is a bad thing. I'm a controling person-it took me a very long time to realize it. Several people had commented on it and I didn't see it as me at all(I'm so quiet! I'm so meek!) But eventually I realized they were right, it's part of me too. In my case I think as a way of minimizing hurt. I think it can be used in different ways. As a kid so much of your life is dicated by others-so I think kids sometimes do get a real kick out of doing the leading instead of the following for a change. I don't mean that it's a bad thing. My guess would be that it's healthy. And if nothing else, it's cute!